Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tillie Olsen

I can relate with Tillie in his particular story she has written. Many times I get caught up in my own world and things that need to be done without acually focusing on the things that are more important in my life. I have a two year old son and in Tillie's story the man said to the mother "you should smile more often when you look at emily". When I read that it turned back towards my son Im sure everytime I may look at him I may not always have a smile on my face as I should because he is the most precious thing in my life. I think that she should have as well paid more attention to Emily, and not send her off to that hospital. The choices that the mother made could have easily been avoided if she had chosen to take different paths when making critcal decisions concerning her daughter. If that had been done so, then her and Emily's relationship may be better off then it is at state now. I also feel like the mother and father should have gotten jobs at different times of the day rather then leaving her alone, that can be very hard on a child I believe. Overall it was a very good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment