Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Powerhouse

Powerhouse seemed to be a story comparing the differences between the blacks and whites. I think the story was probably written around the time of when being prejudice was a major issue in society at the time. In this story it focuses a lot on the music and bands playing. White folks did pay to come and see this particular musician. When everything was said and done though, the blacks had to go to their side of the streets where they had their own restaurants, stores, homes, and everything else involved. As well as the white people had their side of town. I don’t agree with this at all, I feel that everybody is equal no matter what color, race or religion they are, I guess that is the complete difference between society now and they way their outlook was back then. This was my least favorite short story that I read this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment